Thursday 24 May 2012

Ok, well that's Assignment 2 completed! Yippee!  Overall I was really happy with the way my online event went and happy with myself in that I am now gaining confidence in setting up Wiki sites.  I think using a Wiki worked well in that it was easy to access for participants and they did not need to log in with passwords etc and the site was fully open in all aspects and ready to go as per the advertised date.  I also learnt a great deal from particpants comments in my event - a range of applications I had never heard of - so that's certainly been a bonus!

I think other event that needed log ins etc did experience some problems in that sites were not always working as well as they could which inhibited participation - I did find this frustrating and am now more understanding of student complaints :).  All this said, no site is perfect and I will continue to browse other online media that I could potentially use in the future.  I do feel that I am gaining more confidence in the online virtual arenas - and will more investigation and practice this can only continue to improve.  All in all, I feel I have gained a lot from this course and have learnt a range of new skills and discovered a new world of online teaching strategies for use in the future.  Onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment